Who can use the map?
With people rediscovering cycling during the pandemic, and many more looking for ways of keeping active and reducing transport costs – Craigavon is the only area in Northern Ireland/Ireland tailor-made for cycling, wheeling and walking.
With incredible connectivity to communities, schools, shops, entertainment, leisure facilities, health centres, local industry and rail & bus networks – who needs a car?
- 01. Cyclists, walkers & runners
- Black Paths were made for cyclists and walkers. Runners also have a marathon's worth of car free track. There's now no excuse – get off the beaten track and explore a bit more!
- 02. Wheelers
- You'll not find cars dumped on the footpath, cluttered street furniture, high kerbs, dangerous pedestrian crossings, and other access issues typical in towns and cities. This is how it should be everywhere.
- 03. Schools
- Almost all schools in the area have direct access to the network. Many have sheltered bike parking facilities too. Children wanting to cycle or parents wanting to organise a 'cycle bus' can use the map to organise routes to school. The map can also be used for school activities such as treasure hunts and wayfinding projects.
- 04. Newcomers
- Just moved into the area? The map will save you days of chasing your tail and scratching your head as you cycle or walk around the area thinking to yourself - "have I been here before"?
- 05. Work
- With 4 industrial estates minutes away by bike – save youself time and money and start cycling to work. You can park your bike at both train stations and take the train to work. Bikes can be carried on trains Mon–Fri after 9.30am, and anytime on weekends. No additional charge.